Would you like to join an international lifestyle brand on the cusp of exciting developments in North America? Applying your proven accountancy skills to help the outerwear brand unlock the market’s vast potential?
Rains is searching for a business-oriented, hands-on, and independent Financial Controller for Rains US (Rains USA Inc.). You will be based in Rains’ offices in Clifton NJ close to New York City.
This is a very exciting and developing position with Rains US, where you as Financial Controller will be part of an exciting growth journey. Rains is an expanding international company, with solid growth plans for the North American market. You will work at Rains US in Clifton NJ from where both the US and Canadian market is covered, and you will have the opportunity to draw upon a strong Finance team at Rains HQ in Aarhus, Denmark. You will refer to the CEO in Rains US with a dotted line to the Group CFO, who is based in Rains HQ.
You will have an important and influential role with a lot of hands-on and daily operational tasks, as well as participation in both development-oriented and responsible tasks in close coordination with the Finance function in Rains HQ. At the same time, you will become part of a successful company, where you will enjoy a large degree of freedom with responsibility, and a flat and informal organization structure.
You will be part of an ambitious, open, informal, and exciting work environment. You are detail-oriented and take pride in the fact that things are correct, worked through and work efficiently. You get a varied everyday life where there are different types of tasks.
We imagine an introductory period of approx. 2-3 months at Rains HQ in Aarhus, after which you will relocate to Rains US with a longer employment.
- Financial management and analysis, including being an active sparring partner for the Rains US organization on the US and Canadian market
- Total responsibility for the day-to-day bookkeeping with hand-on accounting, reconciliations, checks, debtor, debtor follow-up, creditors, financial costs, and reporting
- Participate in and support the month-end process to ensure a correct basis for monthly reporting at Group level
- Optimization and automation of financial processes and other administrative processes
- Ensure that Rains US follows the adopted group procedures
- Participate actively in system optimization and ensure that new systems and processes are effectively incorporated in Rains US in connection with ongoing system optimization across the group
- An accounting/economics background and preferably bachelor or master’s in Finance/Accounting or Trained Accountant
- A strong IT understanding - and is very competent and experienced in the use of IT systems and ERP-systems, both for process optimization, reporting and analysis
- Experience with hands-on bookkeeping, reconciliations, controlling and financial management – if experience is obtained with an American company this would be an additional advantage
- Very good spoken and written English and Danish skills
- Solves tasks within deadline
- Hands-on and good at maintaining an overview
- Independent, structured, responsible, likes to streamline and optimize and takes pride in delivering a high quality of work
- Positive, empathetic, and personable, good at starting and maintaining relationships with your colleagues
Rains US, Clifton NJ
The application deadline is as soon as possible. We will continuously look at incoming applications and close the position when the right candidate has been found. We aim for starting in the position early autumn.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Group CFO Jan Møller at email@example.com.
Rains is an outerwear lifestyle brand. Its collections blend a conceptual-meets-functional design approach, a strong urban inspiration, and a signature fabric identity. A coated waterproof fabric palette inspired by Rains’ first design – a contemporary reinterpretation of the classic rubber raincoat. Rains brings its neo-Scandinavian aesthetic, unisex collections, and consistently surprising curation to consumers across four continents.