Would you like to play an instrumental role in the retail expansion of a leading outerwear lifestyle brand? Using your proven strategic, communication, and negotiation skills to bring Rains’ collections and retail experiences to new consumers across Europe? Then the entirely new role of Expansion Manager, EU Retail could be an opportunity for you.
As Expansion Manager, you will be responsible for Rains’ retail expansion across Europe. You will be based in Rains’ headquarters in Aarhus and will report to Head of Retail. Your main objective will be to add 45 concept and flagship stores within key European metropolises by 2025.
Your responsibility will cover both locations and partners; from location scouting, to negotiating and settling lease contracts aligned with Rains’ lease principles, to searching and recruiting new ambitions and qualified retail partners. Concept development and retail build-up are managed by the internal Activation team, which will be an important stakeholder for your success.
- Lease searches
- Consultant relations
- Location evaluation and analysis
- On-site reviews
- Lease negotiations
- Contract and handover
- Recruitment tools
- Candidate searches
- Interviews and evaluation
- Business plans and motivation
- Timeline and deadlines
- Planning and hand-over
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role (lifestyle brands would be a plus)
- Proven experience of negotiating and settling lease contracts
- Solid understanding of commercial and legal aspects
- Thorough knowledge of the retail landscape incl. future trends
- Entrepreneurial with ability to identify and act on opportunities
- Strategic with ability to translate overall strategy into local context
- Highly personable, able to create and nurture valuable relationships
- Strong communication skills in written and verbal English
- High travel flexibility
- An entirely new position in a young, international, and fast-growing company.
- To play a significant role in the development of Rains across Europe.
- To be part of a dedicated and growing team
If you are looking for an international environment that offers huge potential for your professional development, then upload your CV and cover letter. If you have any questions regarding this job posting, please contact: