Logistics Manager, USA
Supply Chain and Logistics · New Jersey
RAINS USA Inc. is seeking a Logistics Manager for our US warehouse in New Jersey, who will be a key member of our growing team. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of many of our most important clients and accounts, and you will be the link between our warehouse and our sales channels in the US which includes Wholesale, Ecommerce and Retail.
Job Function (Responsibilities include, but not limited to)
Inbound Import Tracking / Logistics
- Coordinate with different internal and external partners to fulfill orders and call out foreseen issues and meet important deadlines and cancel dates
- Work with vendors and freight forwarder to approve bookings for different types of departures
- Track inbound Purchase Orders with container level details
- Be responsible for our Warehouse Team, our Freight Forwarders and Customs Brokers for communication of inbound shipment loading, clearance, and arrival
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
- Oversee and ensure that incoming merchandise is processed accurately and confirm that goods received match with the packing slips
- Manage US Warehouse as to receiving of new merchandise, inventory and shipping orders and instructions. This includes liaising between production & warehouse in Europe
- Work with Finance Department in Denmark headquarter to keep track on invoices regarding Inbound shipments
- Checking and verifying duty rate on custom docs for US shipments from China
Outbound Inventory Management / Fulfillment
- Maintain shipping and routing compliance for major accounts.
- Management of required EDI transactions, cancel dates, routing deadlines and shipment methods
- Daily communication with warehouse teams to ensure on time routing, shipping, etc.
- Manage purchase orders from initial bulk allocation through shipment, including allocating orders using our inventory operating system.
- Ensure all EDI transactions are sent and received by deadline.
- Order required supplies for customer orders such as price tickets, etc.
- Review vendor guides to ensure customer requirements are accurately communicated to our warehouse
- Process reports for past cancelled orders & work closely with sales team to cancel or extend and communicate updates to the warehouse
- Proactively work with the warehouse to manage the on-time shipping of order
- Furthermore, the Logistics Manager will business partner with Country Manager regarding purchasing, growth initiatives and people management.
- Relevant experience and knowledge of EDI
- EDI experience e.g., 850s, 860s
- Proficient in MS Excel and GXS catalog
- Routing guide knowledge and familiarity with different client portals and operational systems
- Strong interpersonal skills, critical attention to detail and deadlines
- Capable of learning new processes quickly
- Ability to thrive in an international, fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Must be able to deal efficiently with constantly changing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree and equivalent 2 years’ experience in wholesale office operations and/or sales operations
- Apparel experience is a plus but not required.
If you have any questions or want to get in touch, please reach out to Country Manager of Rains USA, Marcus Merrild at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 917 900 2595. We process applications on an on-going basis, and we are looking to occupy the position no later than end of 2021.
Rains is a contemporary rainwear lifestyle brand creating waterproof designs for the global citizen. Influenced by its Scandinavian heritage, Rains practices an uncompromising approach to simplicity that is as equally rooted in functionality as it is in relevance.
You will be part of our US branch. We are a multicultural workplace who works closely together across all our channels. We are very dedicated with a large desire of making Rains known in the US and we are seeking individuals who wants to be a part of that journey.